Across the country, kids have been home for months, and the start of the school year may be a virtual experience for many. If you’re a parent or a teacher looking for fun and educational resources for the kids, Rio Metro’s new rail safety activity sheets are for you!
These free, downloadable resources are perfect for elementary age kids.
Toot the Horn and Follow the Maze
Here’s a sample of some of the activities included:
- Solve the maze to get the basketball player safely across the tracks to the hoop.
- Find important rail safety terms in the hidden word search.
- Solve the crossword puzzle to learn what to do to stay safe at a railroad station.
- Figure out the word scramble to learn about important railroad signs and signals.
- Learn what different train horn sounds mean and how to make them.
In addition to the activities, you will find rail safety tips and facts that you can read and discuss. For example, did you know that the average train car is 85 feet long and weighs 120 tons (240,000 lbs)? That’s the equivalent of 30 elephants!
Find Them Online
Find all of these and more on our website: https://riometro.org/353/Activity-Sheets.