June 8, 2019
New Mexico Rail Runner Express
Shakespeare on the Rail
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Passengers on the #704 northbound and #705 southbound trains will be treated to half-hour performances from three of Shakespeare’s plays.
Since 2010, a small team of local actors has been bringing
Shakespeare scenes onto the Rail Runner every June. Fun props and street
clothes help bring these short comedic scenes to life.
On June 1,
8 and 15, passengers on the #704 northbound and #705 southbound trains
will be treated to half-hour performances from three of Shakespeare’s
plays, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer
- Saturday, June 1 (2 performances)
- Saturday, June 8 (2 performances)
- Saturday, June 15 (2 performances)
- #704 northbound between the Sandoval Co. / US 550 and the Santa Fe Co. / NM 599 Stations (approximately 2-2:30 p.m.)
- #705 southbound between the Santa Fe Co. / NM 599 and the Sandoval Co. / US 550 Stations (approximately 3:40-4:15 p.m.)
Performances take place on the bottom level of the southernmost passenger car.
There is no extra cost to view the performances. They are free with regular paid train fare.