On Saturday, December 14, the Rio Metro Regional Transit District is hosting the 7th Annual Santa's Village at the Santa Fe Railyard. Join us for this free, family-friendly event featuring games, crafts, interactive displays, mini-train rides, and, of course, pictures with Santa! There will be extra north and southbound New Mexico Rail Runner Express trains to accommodate our guests.
Take the train north or meet us at the Santa Fe Railyard.
View the Santa's Village Train Schedule (PDF)
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Santa Fe Railyard (Map)
Activities take place outside at the Santa Fe Railyard and inside at the Violet Crown Cinema.
- Pictures with Santa - Bring your cameras to take pictures with Santa
- Mini Train Rides - Hop aboard the Moose Caboose and enjoy the ride
- Interactive Miniature Trains - Become an engineer behind the switch of the Santa Fe Children's Museum's interactive train set
- Santa's Workshop - Create your own holiday craft
- Reindeer Games - Play games and win fun prizes
- Face Painting - Wear your holiday art home
- Book Walk - Play to win FREE books from Read to Me Albuquerque
- Caricature Artist - Remember the day with a custom drawing
- Photo Booth - Take a silly photo with your family and friends
- Meet Trax - Meet and take a selfie with the Rail Runner mascot
Exhibits and Vendor Booths
- Toyota of Santa Fe - See a display vehicle and pick up some goodies
- Meow Wolf - Interactive fun with Santa Fe's fantastical arts and entertainment group
- Sensory Inclusive Tent - Enjoy comfortable seating, sensory-friendly activities, and more
- Local Vendors / Food Trucks - Tasty offerings from Andale Taqueria, Conchita's Creations, Casa Nova Catering and SoCal Mobile Cafe
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. - Duke City Sound Barbershop Chorus
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Partizani Brass Band & Stiltzwalkers
- 12:30 - 1:15 p.m. - Smooth vocals and acoustic guitar with Oscar Butler
- 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. - Holiday Music with FanFare Victorian Carolers
Holiday Artists Market
Purchase crafts from local artisans. Learn More
Santa Fe Farmers Market
Fresh produce, meats, baked goods and live entertainment. Learn More
Sensory Friendly Zone
The New Mexico Autism Society sensory inclusive zone will offer a calm, comfortable space for attendees to take a break from the crowds and the noise.
Holiday Toy Drive
In the spirit of the holiday season, everyone is encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy which can be dropped off at the event. All toys will be donated to the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program which distributes the toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community. Donate a toy and receive a FREE train ticket!
Take the Train
Trains To the Event (Northbound)
Two northbound trains will take visitors to Santa's Village. People can board the train at any station from Belen to Santa Fe to attend the event. It is recommended to be at the station platform at least 10-15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Train #702 - Arrives at the Santa Fe Depot at 10:05 a.m.
- Train #702B - Arrives at the Santa Fe Depot at 10:52 a.m.
Trains From the Event (Southbound)
Three southbound trains will take visitors back.
- Train #703A - Departs the Santa Fe Depot at 12:52 p.m.
- Train #703B - Departs the Santa Fe Depot at 2:27 p.m.
- Train #705 - Departs the Santa Fe Depot at 3:15 p.m.
Regular fares apply. Children 9 and under always ride free! Youth ages 10-17 receive a reduced rate.
View the Train Fares
Driving and Parking
The event takes place at the Santa Fe Railyard, just a few steps south of the Santa Fe Depot Rail Runner Station. There is ample parking at the Railyard in the surface lots and underground parking structure. Please do not park in the neighborhoods adjacent to the Railyard.
Santa Fe Railyard Driving and Parking Directions